Before and After the Bell
THE BEFORE AND AFTER THE BELL PROGRAM HAS SUBSTANTIAL WAITLISTS FOR ALL OF THE MAINLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SITES. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADDING YOUR CHILD TO THE WAITLIST YOU CAN CALL OUR MAIN OFFICE AT 207-808-5400.
WE ARE HIRING REC STAFF! UNFORTUNATELY UNTIL WE GET MORE STAFF IN PLACE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE CHILDREN OFF THE WAITING LIST AND INTO THESE PROGRAMS.
How to register for the 2021-2021 Before and After the Bell Program
- Please download the registration packet below and email it to: email@example.com.
- Please call 207-808-5400 to schedule an appointment to come to our office at 212 Canco Road Suite A to pick up or fill out a registration packet. You can complete the packet and put it in our outdoor mailbox, if the office is closed.
- If you are applying for a fee waiver or using a fee waiver or need help with the registration process you can call our office at 207-808-5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to come in and be helped by our staff.
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT REGISTRATION PACKETS
- If your child goes to LYSETH, PRESUMPSCOT, REICHE or ROWE, you need to fill out the Before and After the Bell Registration Packet.
- If your child goes to EAST END, LONGFELLOW, OCEAN AVE or TALBOT you need to fill out the After the Bell Registration Packet.
- If you child goes to PEAKS ISLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL you need to fill out the Peaks After the Bell Registration Form.
**If you have any questions about our Before and After the Bell REC Program, please feel free to call our Recreation Office at 207-808-5400, or email email@example.com . The fees for the Before and After the Bell REC Program below.
BEFORE AND AFTER THE BELL WITH PORTLAND RECREATION
DID YOU KNOW that Portland Recreation offers a before and after-school program that provides fun and engaging activities for Kindergarten through 5th Grade students, all in a safe, convenient place that you already know – your child’s school! The Before & After the Bell REC Program will actively involve and stimulate your child and give your child time and space to explore and grow.
Our staff has put together a variety of group and individual activities which include recreation, enrichment and community as part of our daily schedule. We focus on character development, physical fitness, health and wellness, reading and of course, fun!
Busy families choose us because their kids are happy. Parents are happy, too, with the safe environment, the convenience of being at your neighborhood school and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your child is learning, making friends and having fun.
From art, play, problem-solving, motor skills and more, we help your child continue learning and developing essential life skills, when school is not in session. This before- and after-school program allows kindergarten and school-age children to balance learning and fun through a variety of experiences. From homework help to fun physical activities, our program is designed to provide school-age children with the opportunity to learn and socialize in a relaxed setting outside of school. Children spend time with friends and enjoy activities that are relevant and engaging to school-age interests. You may find your child playing chess, eating a healthy snack, shooting hoops, making a craft and doing his or her homework, all in the same afternoon. Staff is there alongside, facilitating, guiding and understanding that learning does not have to take on the tone and texture of a traditional school day.