For Auto Registrations, the Treasury Office is open by appointment only. To make an appointment, click here. **Due to high demand, appointments are booking out a month. Please check back often as we continue to try to release more available times.
Auto renewals can be processed online.
Renewals can be done online using Rapid Renewal System
For new boat and trailer registrations, the Treasury Office is open by appointment only. To make an appointment, click here.
For specific IFW related questions see https://www.maine.gov/ifw/
Property Tax Payments
Property Tax Relief Available to Older Portland Homeowners
The application period remains open until June 30 for the Portland Senior Tax Equity Program (P-STEP). Homeowners and renters who qualify for a rebate through the Maine Property Tax Fairness Credit are eligible to apply for an additional rebate through P-STEP. Eligibility requirements and application links are available on the City of Portland Assessors webpage http://www.portlandmaine.gov/145/Tax-Relief. Older Portland residents who have questions about either of these programs or need help filling out the applications may contact the Office of Elder Affairs at 541-6620 for assistance.
- Automobile Registration
- Military Exemption from Vehicle Excise Tax
- Boat Registration
- Boat and Utility Trailers
- Island vehicles and golf carts
- Property Taxes Online Payments
- Payment of parking tickets and collection of boot removal fees
- Stormwater Online Payments
- Tax lien and foreclosure information
- Collection of delinquent sewer user fees which have been turned over to the City of Portland by the Water District
- Check made out to City of Portland
- Credit or debit card (subject to 2.65% convenience fee)
- 1st Half - October 30, 2020
- 2nd Half - March 19, 2021